- Kingsmoor Lower School, Kingsmoor Close, Flitwick, Bedfordshire, MK45 1EY
Experienced SENDCo Required from January ‘22
Are you a qualified SENDCo who would like to work in an exceptional mainstream Lower School that has a highly inclusive ethos and great provision for SEN pupils? Are you looking for a permanent role starting this September/January where you can add value and shape the direction of SEN practice at this great school?
Kingsmoor Lower School is a friendly, Values-based School, with a strong, nurturing ethos. Rated ‘good’ in all areas by OFSTED in March 2020, we have recently been awarded the Quality Mark for the fourth year running. We encourage children and staff to follow the FISH! Philosophy, making choices that lift each other up, re-connecting with the joy of teaching and learning.
Located in leafy Flitwick, we have a great reputation for supporting SEN students. We are looking to appoint a dedicated, experienced SENDCo to oversee Learning Support Assistants as well as support teachers, setting the direction for continued development of excellent SEN teaching at the school. We have a highly inclusive ethos for all and are keen to include SEN learners in every aspect of the school day. When this is not appropriate the school has dedicated teaching areas which enable SEN students to make excellent progression. Ongoing professional development is important for all staff but especially in SEN teaching so whoever joins will be responsible for ensuring all staff are at the top of their ability in this area.
This highly skilled practitioner will need to be an outstanding teacher as there will also be a teaching commitment.
- We can only accept applications from experienced SENDCo’s who hold a current SENDCo qualification.
- We expect the successful candidate to be hands on, getting involved with teaching and modelling good practice for all teaching staff. A warm, friendly personality that understands how challenging this role can be is an essential requirement of the post.
- We are fortunate to have many SEN professionals who are keen to develop themselves further so a leader who can shape careers is also a key requirement.
- Permanent role starting September 2021 – MPS/UPS plus SEN Allowance
- We will consider part time hours (four days a week minimum) if required
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, two satisfactory references and a Disclosure of Criminal Record and Disqualification Declaration.
Application packs are available from the school office, or call on 01525712488 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: Monday 11th October 2021
Interview date: Monday 18th October 2021
Completed application forms should be returned to Kingsmoor Lower School via post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org